The Tyler Creative Arts Program strives to introduce, implement and expose students to various forms of the arts to enrich the learning process.
The Tyler Creative Arts Program’s mission is to:
· Provide diverse exposure to creative arts
· Partner teachers and students with experienced and knowledgeable artists
· Integrate the visual and performing arts into the academic curriculum
· Showcase student learning experiences with class and school presentations
· Support student expression of self and understanding of others’ views through an art form
· Foster an increased understanding and appreciation of the arts
· Creative arts classes have a resident artist that exposes the students and teacher to a specific art form. Examples of included Art forms are dance, poetry, public speaking, drama, storytelling, visual arts, and music.
· Teachers integrate monthly Creative Arts Themes into the curriculum
· Students participate in annual showcase or performance to highlight their art form of study