Tyler grows learners.
Arts, language, technology.
Mission and Core Values
- To grow a warm, welcoming culture and climate
- To grow all students to reach high levels of academic achievement
- To grow students to be Respectful, Responsible and Safe
- To grow as a community that embraces and acknowledges cultural diversity
- To grow learning through the arts
- To grow though forward thinking, innovation and technology
- To grow though the spirit of collaboration amongst all community stake holders
We seek to provide a caring environment marked by positive experiences which enhance self-esteem and encourage personal fulfillment. Building upon the diversity of interests, talents, and cultural backgrounds of our students, Tyler educators design and implement a curriculum which gives each student opportunities and challenges. The Tyler experience should produce an inspired and motivated student who has a love of learning, an intellectual curiosity, and a positive self-image.
2015 At a Glance
- 520 students
- PK3 through 5th Grade
- Excellent teacher:student ratios
(early childhood PS3/PK4 1:17, K–1 1:18, 2–3 1:19, 4–5 1:19, Special Ed 1:6–1:10)
- Before school and after school programming
- Arts Integration School
- World Languages: Spanish
- Dual Language Program: Spanish
- City-wide Autism Program
- Creative Arts Program
- Annual Artists-in-Residence
- Active Outdoor Classroom
- Involved PTA
Tyler does have three exceptional strands of learning: Creative Arts, Dual Language, and Special Education (I.E.P.).