Welcome Tyler Families!
Welcome to our new families and welcome back to those who are returning! This start to the school year will be like no other, but we will still find ways to come together as a strong Tyler community. We’d like to introduce you to the Tyler PTA and invite you to join us this year! The PTA is a 501(c)(3) open to any current Tyler teacher, parent, or guardian. Our goal is to support academic and extracurricular activities for our students and enhance the Tyler experience for each child in the school.
What does the PTA do?
- Fundraise for programs such as the Tyler Thespians (annual musical), Spanish Film Club, and FoodPrints (the garden and in-class nutrition and cooking)
- Be on the lookout for more information on a new program we are running with Kindred!
- Recruit and support Room Parents for each classroom
- Advocate for things such as the new playground and building improvements
- Coordinate teacher appreciation events
- Facilitate parent “affinity groups” to create safe spaces for all parents to be involved in the school and PTA. (We have a group for Black families and for Spanish speaking families. But open to suggestions!)
Please consider volunteering your time! There are opportunities to contribute in different ways throughout the year and we welcome our new and returning families to contribute your work, talent, and ideas. Parents contribute with their time and with resources. Even just a few hours or a small contribution over the course of the school year is incredibly helpful.
Please connect to us on social media!
Facebook: John Tyler Elementary School
While this school year will look like no other, the Tyler PTA is committed to supporting our Tyler Tigers, teachers/staff, and the Tyler community of families. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, ideas, and any concerns: [insert email]. Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
The Tyler PTA 2019-2020 Board